Dear Valued Patients and Friends,
Our office has been open since May 4, 2020. As the landscape for providing dental care has changed, we have adapted to meet the challenge of keeping patients and staff safe during this very unusual time in our lives. Thanks to all who have place trust in our office and staff. If you have not been in our office since the pandemic of Covid-19 started, I want to give you an update on what we are doing and what you can expect when you do seek dental care in our office.
We have instituted new measures taken with each patient visit:
- We ask that you have a scheduled appointment prior to arriving at the office. We cannot accommodate walk in visits.
- Take your temperature one hour before your appointment. If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, muscle pain, nausea, anosmia (loss of smell or taste) or profound fatigue, call our office at 795-2882 to cancel your appointment. Contact your medical provider to seek attention and care recommendations.
- Reschedule your dental appointment if you have traveled overseas or visited any endemic area within the past 30 days.
- Plan to arrive on time for appointments, not early, to minimize waiting in the office and to prevent increasing the number of people present. If possible, remain in the car and call the office phone, 795-2882, for further instruction. We will do our best to stay on time for you.
- We ask that you wear a mask at all times in the office until you are in the treatment room and we are ready to provide the dental procedure that is needed.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Anyone who escorts a patient to the office will be asked to wait in the car. The escort will be called when the patient is finished with their appointment.
- While all of these are impositions, please understand that we are clearly concerned about your safety.
- If you have a positive diagnosis of having Covid-19 within 14 days of having been to our office for treatment, please notify us immediately at (520) 795-2882.
You will notice more use of masks and gloves outside of the treatment rooms. The reception desk has clear dividers between the receptionist and the guests. There will be no reading material in the reception area. There are fewer chairs and they are spaced further apart. Around the office you will notice air purifiers with HEPA and carbon filters. The filtered air passes through ultra violet light to help kill airborne virus. Our office has always practiced universal precautions for infection control. We use as many disposable supplies as possible. All reusable items go through a high heat and pressurized steam sterilization process. The treatment rooms undergo an enhanced cleaning and disinfection process between patients. All high touch areas will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day. All of our staff will be screened each day for signs of fever or symptoms related to the COVID-19 virus. The treatment areas are treated with a disinfectant fogging between patients and at the end of the day. Staff will change outer apparel between patients if there is a procedure done that produces an aerosol.
Although I have never placed a separate fee for our office preparation in the past, this is different. There will be a per visit charge added for your personal safety measures provided in our office. The preparation is the same whether the visit is brief or an extended appointment. Even appointments that were done in the past for follow up and adjustment appointments will require the same attention to prepare to see patients.
We look forward to seeing you and will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. Rest assured we will strive to continue to do our best for you.
Ray Harrell, DDS and Staff